Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hawaiian Themed Party











*** UPDATE*** The party went really well and we had a lot of fun!!
















Saturday will be L's 7th birthday party. She is so excited. She is my only child with a winter birthday. This one presents more problems than the three summer ones. We are having a Hawaiian themed party inside, because of course indoors is exactly what comes to mind when you think Hawaii, right?

There will be 13 children and a couple of pre-teens/teens there. I actually worry less about them because they will sit around and text each other the whole time anyway!

We are having fruit kebabs, child-friendly pina coladas, sandwiches on Hawaiian bread, Hawaiian pizzas, chips and dip, cake and ice cream. We are playing pass the coconut, a match the Hawaiian words with their English meaning game, guess the number of flip flops in a jar, and we are making grass skirts. I am hoping to find something to teach us the hula so we can all do it together. I'll have to let you know how it all goes. There is so much to do and time is running out!

I would love to hear any ideas for this indoor Hawaiian party (but hurry I only have a couple of planning days left).




God Bless.

Samantha

2 comments:

  1. So how did the pictures for the party turn out? I would love to see the results here =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, I love your blog and I love being your mother. You are a very special blessing in my life. I am so very proud of the woman you have become. You are so very strong and I admire the way you depend on your Lord and Savior. You faith is strong and you share it in many beautiful ways. Thank you for being in my life and sharing your family with me.

    ReplyDelete