Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Scared Decorator

I have always loved looking at the inside of people's houses just to see how they have decorated them. I have even been known to look at real estate websites just to sneak a peek at how someone has decorated. However, I have not ever truly decorated any house that we have owned. I paint and throw some pictures here and there and maybe an accessory or two and I am done. Why would someone who loves the decorated look live in a house that is almost completely devoid of decoration? Because I am AFRAID!! I am afraid to buy something and not really like it. I am afraid that I will get bored with a certain look. I am afraid of spending too much. I am afraid because I know it can't be perfect. So, I sit here afraid in this undecorated space. That is until I came across a site that may just set me free.

http://www.nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/

You have to check out her site. The Nester may just be my BFF and not even know it! You will definitely learn something and have a laugh while you're there! I wish I had known all this before. Now, I have yet to mistreat a window. I did, however, work on making my master bathroom a room I love. It's not quite there yet, but I like it a lot more now! I am going to "shop my house" and I can't wait for yard sale season. I'll share when I mistreat a window or have a room I have transformed. Until then, I am focusing less on perfection and more on beauty!

2 comments:

  1. so many of us are afraid! It's the curse of perfection--we worry that we won't like it if it's not perfect.

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be brave, you have great instincts!! You know that interest and beauty often lie in imperfection. Love ya, Glo

    ReplyDelete