Sunday, February 1, 2009

Girls Night







Last night my big girls went to a Daddy Daughter banquet. They love this and look forward to it every year. They become especially girly on this night. They dress in pretty dresses. I put a little makeup on them to give them some sparkle. Daddy gives each one a corsage. We take pictures like it's prom night. Daddy washes the car and gets dressed up as well. It is quite a big deal! After they left the two little ones wanted to do something special too. I painted their nails. I curled their hair. I put makeup on them. We danced. Then we went and got Happy Meals and sundaes; and they got to eat the ice cream first. We watched a little Jon and Kate Plus 8. It's funny how they really do enjoy the simple pleasures. These are the kind of nights I love. When I pictured being a mom to girls, this is exactly what I pictured. Most of the time, the pictures in our heads about the way motherhood is supposed to look may not be the pictures we actually see. It's a little messier and usually a lot more complicated; but the reality of it is a million times better than I ever dreamed.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls look great and kudos to daddy for teaching them they are special and valued. Motherhood is VERY often different than your expectations, but it is the best job in the world....and then there is being a grandmother.

    Love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete