Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yard Sale Update

Okay, now this weekend I hit some yard sales that made me remember the reason I get up and sneak through the house trying not to wake anyone on a nice Saturday morning. There were over 5 subdivision sales in our city last weekend. It was impossible to hit them all. I chose the two that are my favorite. It was pouring down rain the entire time and so it wasn't the best time I've ever had. One thing that everyone who really knows me knows is that I HATE to have wet feet! It is SO DISGUSTING! I chose to wear my little slip-on flats instead of my sneakers. Either way I knew my feet would be wet and the slip-ons dry faster. So, there is sacrifice for the bargain hunter. Anyway, I know you are the edge of your swivel chair wondering what I bought. I got a table. It is small and I was truly hoping it would be perfect as a table for behind the love seat because it really doesn't want to show its naked back anymore. It did not fit (of course). My husband said it looked like some kid had made it in wood shop class. I thought it had potential and it was $5. I couldn't buy the wood for that. I also got a fireplace screen for $10. When we had our house on the market several people didn't like the gold thing that went around the fireplace. I didn't put it there, but as a people pleaser, I took it off and my fireplace was naked until Saturday. I also bought some very expensive jeans that I can't fit into yet. The jeans would have cost $200 in a store, but I paid $3. Hopefully, if I can stay on the wagon with better eating and a little bit of starving, I can fit into those jeans by the end of summer. I also got some sunglasses, necklaces, adorable tops, two pairs of shoes for my girls. I hope hitting these good sales doesn't mean I am in for a drought the rest of the summer. I am going to put up pictures tonight of a couple of my good deals. Until then, you'll have to just live in suspense.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you find a good deal.....maybe this weekend will be even better.=)

    ReplyDelete