Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring


Happy Spring everyone! Today wasn't all that warm here; but at least it was sunny! My allergies definitely know that it is spring. Actually, they are quite sure she arrived two weeks ago when all the Bradford pears bloomed.

I am deep in the midst of my bringing home the stuff from the storage unit. I think our house got a lot smaller while this stuff was gone. I have no idea where to put most of it. That last statement makes me chuckle a little. The reason is that last year when I packed up all this stuff, I gave away several truck loads of stuff we didn't want to keep. My husband said several times that he didn't think we would have anything left to put into storage. That is hilarious to me! He obviously had no idea how stuff we had/have (way too much). Anyway, I feel a tad overwhelmed by the mess, but am hopeful that in a few weeks things will be so much better. I want to spring clean as I organize. I ordered an e-book from SimpleMom.net. She has a great blog about living more simply, which I fully appreciate at this very moment.

Of course, my compost is ripe and ready for our garden. I have to convince my charmingly wonderful husband to till. I can't wait for fresh veggies from our garden. When I was little, we always had a garden. I would pick off the green beans and stand in the garden and eat them raw. Raw green beans are my favorite! Spring always seems so cheerful and hopeful. What are your spring plans?

1 comment:

  1. we need to decide when we will rent a tiller cause I may have my husband convinced to till as well =D I think we should shoot for next weekend or the Saturday after Easter....what do you think? Then we can pool our resources and efforts for fresh summer produce, you can grow the beans and I'll grow the tomatoes. I love spring too but I always want to accomplish more than I have time for and it frustrates me but hopefully I'll have some help this year......yeah that made me chuckle too. Guess I'll see you later today!

    ReplyDelete