Thursday, March 26, 2009

Procrastination

I like to think that I don't really procrastinate as much as I have my priorities out of order. For example, I will be folding laundry, when all of a sudden I remember I needed to check out something on the computer. It can be school related, menu/food related, or completely random. I also feel a little like I wander around not quite knowing where to begin. I just have a lot on my mind. My best example of procrastination happened in college. My roommate and I were studying intently for our mid-terms when all of a sudden we decided we needed something. Of course that something was odd for two college age girls to want, but we did. We not only decided that we needed it, but that we had to have it. What was it? Fried Okra, of course! I am sure that was exactly what you were thinking. Neither one of us had a car and you would think that finding someone to bum a ride from during mid-terms for an all out manhunt for okra might be difficult. You'd be wrong! We drove all around town looking for someplace with some okra, but because most fast food places don't have it and it's not all that common even in sit-down restaurants, we had to find a cafeteria style restaurant. After a long drive, much further out of town than we expected, we found the desired okra. It was delicious and I am just positive I wouldn't have done half as well on my mid-terms if I hadn't had it! See, maybe procrastination isn't all that bad--the okra hunt was actually a really fun adventure. I guess I should quit procrastinating and get to more cleaning and organizing (no homeschool today--half my girls have strep); or maybe I'm in the mood for okra.

1 comment:

  1. Okra sounds pretty good to me right now.....road trip???

    ReplyDelete