Monday, April 6, 2009

Favorite Things

Isn't it funny how a few little things can make your day so much brighter? On my bad day, I had one little girl at church tell me I looked pretty. That was just the little lift I needed at that particular time. There are lots of things that brighten my day. Yummy smells in the house are one. This week at Bath and Body Works they have their home fragrance oil on sale for $3. If that brightens your day, head over there and put some in your own Easter basket.
. Another one of my favorite things is receiving a new Ballard Design catalog. The items they have in there are gorgeous and give me lots of good ideas too. If you don't already receive the catalog, you can request one online.
Dove chocolate is another, enough said.
Another good one is a cute accessory or two. I just discovered Sam Moon. The prices are crazy good and he donates a lot of scholarship money for Baptist seminary students.
Any good bargain will brighten my day instantly (as long as I can afford it). Yard sale season has arrived and I am hopeful that I will be finding some really great stuff soon.
My children being kind and good is also an instant mood-lifter. My oldest was complimented yesterday on being especially kind to a friend with Down syndrome. She doesn't even think about it--she is just nice because she has a good heart. I love that.
What are some of your favorite day brighteners?

1 comment:

  1. It's the unexpected acts of kindness that really brighten my day =).

    ReplyDelete