Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Menu Planning

In an effort to better stick to my grocery budget, I have been menu planning for the past couple of months. In some ways, I have always done a version of this. Now I am being far more deliberate about it. We have stopped eating out (for the most part). I only am shopping once a week (again for the most part). I am spending far less on food than before and wasting a lot less. Our menu plan changes from week to week based on what sounds good for the next week and what activities we have planned too. This week looks like this:





1. Turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas (my oldest daughter's favorite meal)


2. Chicken fajitas with black beans and chocolate pudding pie for dessert


3. Poppy seed Chicken with brown rice (new recipe I found on Kelly's Korner recipe blog)


4. Eating Out for my niece's birthday


5. Pasta Primavera and whole wheat rolls


6. Chicken Tetrazzini and homemade yeast rolls


7. Leftovers




I use my crockpot frequently to cook while at the gym. I also have to put food together on Wednesday nights that my husband can stick in the oven about 30 minutes before the kids and I get home from church. We are eating a lot of chicken this week. Last week, we had a lot of turkey. It changes with sales and mood. All the girls love pork tenderloin, but I needed a break from it this week. Almost all my recipes come from Cooking Light magazine.




What's for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment